Wednesday 22 May 2013

Groovuino groove box demo

Here is the demo of a first version of the groove box made with groovuino library.







It has :

Mono synth section
3 osc with multiple waveforms, tuning, etc...
An ADSR enveloppe
A LP filter (Mozzi filter)
An LFO linked on the filter frequency.
The sensors permit to play notes.

Arpeggiator section
arpeggiator modes (random, UP, DOWN, UP/DOWN)
arpeggiator speed
Scales (pentatonic, dorian, arabic, minor, major, etc...)
pitch (only octave)
The note length can be changed by the IR sensor

Sampler section
For the moment, just one 16 steps sequenced loop, the sequence can be real-time recorded
4 samples read. Can put the one shot samples on the SD card.

Explainations here on how to build the groovuino : http://groovuino.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-goal-is-to-build-groovebox-using.html

3 comments:

  1. Hello. Your groovebox is amazing. I'd like to build one, but is code avaliable? I see examples in your library but they are not like this, with arpegiator, sequencer, etc. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zcarlos, I'm writing a new and more usable library. This one actually on github is not really good. When I did the groovuino, it was worse :-)
      Anyway, if you give me your email by hangouts or PM me on arduino forum (user gaith), I can send you the whole groovuino code, but it will be very hard to use and understand it.
      In the next few months, I hope I will update my library on github, and put some examples like groovuino.

      Delete
    2. Hi GaƩtan.
      Thank you for your reply.
      I was reading your posts on Ardunio forum about SD readings and understood that this kind of code is difficult to me. My skill is not as good as I wish.
      Now I'm using IllutronB code from DuaneB for making a modest groovebox, with a pair of led matrix (max7219), some buttons and two rotary enconders for editing sounds and sequences. I need to improve my code and put everything on stripboard and get everything in a box so I will be busy next month (I dont have much time, my daugther takes me).
      And of course, mine is not as amazing as yours
      I will wait for your update. Meanwhile, I'm buying a due ;-)
      Thank you very much.


      Delete